With January drawing to an end, we can now optimistically look ahead to ditching those many layers as spring approaches and, with this, rejuvenating our skin with some cosmetic treatments.
The aggressive attacks by the winter weather – matched only by the war waged on our exposed skin in the summer sunshine – can be remedied with a selection of aesthetic procedures, but we can help ourselves by embracing some healthy habits and ditching the bad ones as well!
Booze doesn’t help either so consider a little detox during the coming months.
- ULTRAcel – Combining radio frequency, radio frequency micro-needling and high intensity focused ultrasound, this treatment is the latest non-surgical skin tightening and lift treatment to banish wrinkles and fine lines, as well as stretch marks, acne scarring and dark circles.
- Black Diamond HydraFacial – This facial has been uniquely designed by Dr Rakus and recently won the Middle East Pool & Spa Award for Best Signature Facial. This award-winning facial is also available at the Dr Rakus’s Knightsbridge Clinic and begins with a detoxification of the skin using relaxing lymphatic drainage to reduce puffiness. This is followed by deep cleansing, using botanical products and exfoliating the skin with a very gentle microdermabrasion technique in conjunction with glycolic acids to allow a more comfortable extraction of blocked pores and decongesting the treatment area. This is followed by an application of hyaluronic acid, antioxidants and vitamin E, which is delivered deeply into the skin using the painless vortex infusion. Red and blue light is then applied over the treatment area to target congestion and calm the skin. Your skin will feel deeply cleansed, refreshed and rejuvenated.
- Thermage CPT A one-off treatment of Thermage smoothes, tightens and contours skin on the face or body using radio frequency to stimulate the body's own collagen production and the effects are apparent over a period of six-months and often last for over two years with a top-up. Thermage can even be used to treat the delicate eye area to combat the effects of ageing. Dr Rakus carries out more Thermage treatments in the UK than any other practitioner.
- Fraxel laser technology Improves sun-damaged pigmentation, age spots, fine lines, stretch marks and acne scars. With a six-treatment course of Fraxel – often at six-week intervals – the result is gradual, avoiding dramatic shifts in appearance. The effects are long-lasting, too!
- Ultherapy – Dubbed ‘the Ultrasound Facelift’, for the first time ever, Ultherapy enables practitioners to direct ultrasound energy not only into the skin but deep under the skin to the same tissue addressed in surgery. This gently heats the tissue to lift and tighten loose skin without cutting or disrupting the surface of the skin. Besides the visible effects of lifting and tightening, there is also an invisible result from Ultherapy with the creation of new collagen, which helps the skin maintain its youthfulness.
Book a consultation with Dr Rita Rakus
Fraxel® treatment is a safe, non-ablative laser sk...
Patented technology is used to exfoliate, cleanse,...
Mesotherapy for Skin Rejuvenation
Mesotherapy for skin rejuvenation is commonly used...
Medical micro-dermabrasion is an effective but non...